Thursday, September 1, 2011

Helpful Advice for Non-US, Self-Published Writers

If you are not a US citizen, but are a self-published author, Roz Morris has assembled a very clear guide for how to apply for your ITIN number from the United States IRS.

Having that number then allows you to apply to have less of your earnings withheld for taxes by Amazon and Smashwords. Please see Roz's guide at the following link:
How I Got My ITIN Number
Note the IRS themselves are damned cryptic about how to do this sort of thing, so please pass this link along to anyone you know who self-publishes but is not American.

And thank you for being a good global citizen! :)